Braxton County Schools
Office of Technology & Child Nutrition
Request for Proposals
Braxton County Schools is accepting proposals for a two-burner commercial gas range for Burnsville Elementary School.
Burnsville Elementary School
228 Kanawha Street
Burnsville, WV 26335
Principal: Dr. Grace Wine
Cafeteria Manager: Garalea Elswick
Standard Specifications Preferred:
- Exterior finish: front, sides and rear and exterior bottom should be polished stainless steel.
- Range should be 12”-wide front-manifold sectional range with 35,000 BTU NAT, clog-free, open-top burners with removable weld steel top grate.
- Front Rail: options should be included with specified upgrades that are available.
- External pressure regulator preferred.
- Casters with Cable Restraint kit (to restrict movement on casters)
- Fully insulated lining and burner box
- Stainless steel enclosed cabinet with removable door
The buyer is open to all manufactures. The cost of installation must be included in the proposal. If a different connection is needed other than the ¾ please include the cost of that adaptation in the proposal. The old stove has already been removed. Training for the staff on the new range must be included in the proposal. A manufacture manual for range after the training must be provided. Extended warranty is preferred. All necessary chords for hook-up to the present gas structure of the school must be included in the proposal.
Price = 45 points
Turnkey installation: 30 points
Other opinions as specified in the RFP = 10 points
Meeting 6-week timeframe: 15 points
All proposals should be direct to the attention of:
Dr. Leatha G. Williams, Director
Via email: email@example.com
Phone: 304-765-7101 ext. 473
On or before: May 5th @ 1:00 pm as recorded via email time stamp
Subject line must read: Burnsville Elementary School Range Proposal
File formats that are accepted: PDF or Word Document
Braxton County Schools reserves the right to disqualify any proposal that does not meet the above established criteria. Questions should be directed to the email of Dr. Williams by noon on April 26, 2023. Installation should occur within 6 weeks of the proposal being awarded.
** When all factors in the proposal are equal, price will be the deciding factor.