Braxton County Schools is accepting proposals for a replacement steamer for Frametown Elementary School.
65 Jeanie Ellis Drive
Frametown, WV 26623
Principal: Barbie Radar
Cafeteria manager: Bettie Moore
Present Equipment Information
- Manufacture: Vulcan-Hart Company
- Model Number: VSX5
- Power: Volts: 240v/60/1ph, 15kW – the present model is field convertible between 1ph, and 3ph-Walkthrough will indicate which should be quoted
- Serial Number: AP-1041073-10Y-4966
- Water Source: Plumbed
- Stainless steel cooking compartment
- Stainless steel generator pans
- Timer up to 60-minutes
- Manual on/off switch
- Countertop model
- 5 pan capacity
- Pan capacity of 1”, 2 ½”, and 4” deep
The proposal must provide for a convection, plumbed electrical steamer. Additional items to include in the proposal include:
- A new stainless-steel base with casters for ease of cleaning
- Scale blocker water treatment system
- Cord and plug set along with other necessary accessories for hooking up
- Extended warranty options
Proposal must include delivery, installation and removal of old equipment and on-site training for the cafeteria staff as well as a hardcopy user’s manual. School site visit is required to ensure a steamer that is compatible with the current connections is quoted. The site may be visited between the hours of 9 am and 3 pm. Vendor must give 24-hour notice of site visit. Vendor should contact school principal and Child Nutrition Director via email to schedule the visit. All manufacturers will be considered. Proposals will be scored based on meeting the criteria outlined and quote reflecting all the elements. Vulcan equipment is preferred but not required.
All proposal should be direct to the attention of:
Dr. Leatha G. Williams, Director
Via email: email@example.com
Phone: 304-765-7101 ext. 473
On or before: December 19 at noon
Subject line must read: Frametown Elementary Steamer RFP
File Type: PDF or Word Document- ONLY
Braxton County Schools reserves the right to disqualify any proposal that does not meet the above established criteria. Questions should be directed to the email of Dr. Williams by noon on December 8, 2022. School visits should be scheduled prior to December 16, 2022. Installation should occur within 6 weeks of the proposal being awarded.
** When all factors in the proposal are equal, price will be the deciding factor.